Style: Abstract, Experimental, Ambient
Format: MP3 FLAC RA AA AIFF MOD VOC MPC MMF
FLAC size: 1433 mb | MP3 size: 1290 mb | WMA size: 1550 mb
Vespertine is the fourth studio album by Icelandic recording artist Björk. It was released on 27 August 2001 in the United Kingdom by One Little Indian Records and in the United States by Elektra Entertainment. Production on the album began during the filming of Dancer in the Dark, which was characterized by conflict between the singer and director Lars von Trier
Vespertine was an autobiographical concept album about an episode of intimacy in the singer's life. Yet the team of Jan Dvořák, Peter Häublein, and Roman Vinuesa who adapted Björk's music for the Orchestra of Nationaltheater Mannheim faced serious challenges.
Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве. Other versions of this album. we've improved your Playlist of the day and other smart playlists.
Yet, Vespertine is riddled with sameness, and the unshakable feeling that you've heard these songs before. And coated in such a delicious sheen, it's easy to miss that the music here lacks a major component of Björk's past recordings; strip Vespertine down to melody alone, and you're left with little substance. Only on occasion does Björk rise above the swelling symphonies and swirling digitalia with a memorable piece of music, and when she does, it seems fleeting. Glitch wizards Matmos were called in during the Vespertine sessions to co-produce many of the record's tracks. I wonder where they are. Nowhere is their signature sound even remotely traceable.
Björk is the only studio album by Icelandic singer Björk Guðmundsdóttir as a child singer, released on 18 December 1977 by Fálkinn. In 1976, Björk appeared on Icelandic radio singing "I Love to Love" through the music school she attended, which led her to a record deal and the release, with the help of stepfather Sævar, of her first solo album in 1977.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Choir] – Björk, Guy Sigsworth, Vince MendozaProgrammed By – Damian Taylor, Guy Sigsworth, Jake Davies, Matmos, Matthew Herbert
Producer – Thomas KnakProgrammed By – Thomas KnakWritten-By – Björk, Thomas Knak
|3||It's Not Up To You
Arranged By [Choir] – Björk, Vince MendozaArranged By [Clavichord] – Guy SigsworthClavichord – Guy SigsworthDrum Programming [Beat Programming] – Valgeir Sigurdsson*Harp – Caryl Thomas
Arranged By [Choir] – BjörkEdited By [Vocal] – BjörkProgrammed By – Thomas KnakWritten-By – Björk, Thomas Knak
Adapted By [Music Box] – Jack PerronArranged By [Music Box] – BjörkProducer – Marius De VriesProducer [Additional] – Marius De VriesProgrammed By – Jake Davies, Marius De Vries
Adapted By [Music Box] – Jack PerronArranged By [Music Box] – Björk
Adapted By [Music Box] – Jack PerronArranged By [Music Box] – BjörkDrum Programming [Beat Programming] – Björk, Damian Taylor, Jake Davies, MatmosProgrammed By – Marius De Vries
|8||An Echo, A Stain
Arranged By [Choir] – Guy Sigsworth, Vince MendozaCelesta – Guy SigsworthDrum Programming [Beat Programming] – Damian Taylor, Guy Sigsworth, Marius De Vries, MatmosWritten-By – Björk, Guy Sigsworth
|9||Sun In My Mouth
Arranged By [Celeste] – Guy SigsworthCelesta – Guy SigsworthDrum Programming [Beat Programming] – Björk, Valgeir Sigurdsson*Lyrics By – E.E. Cummings*Written-By – Björk, Guy Sigsworth
Producer – Martin ConsoleProgrammed By – Martin ConsoleRecorded By [Vocals] – Jake DaviesWritten-By – Björk, Martin Console
|11||Harm Of Will
Arranged By [Celeste] – Guy SigsworthArranged By [Choir] – Vince MendozaCelesta – Guy SigsworthEdited By [Vocal] – BjörkWritten-By – Björk, Guy Sigsworth, Harmony Korine
Arranged By [Choir] – Guy SigsworthProgrammed By – Damian Taylor, Guy Sigsworth, Matmos, Matthew Herbert, Valgeir Sigurdsson*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Björk Overseas Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Björk Overseas Ltd.
- Licensed To – One Little Indian Ltd.
- Published By – Universal Music
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Flirt 99
- Recorded At – El Cortijo Studio
- Recorded At – The Magic Shop
- Recorded At – Master Sound Astoria
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Recorded At – Sear Sound
- Recorded At – Thule Studios
- Recorded At – Greenhouse Studios Iceland
- Recorded At – Quad Recording Studios
- Recorded At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Recorded At – The Loft on Lafayette Street
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Recorded At – Air Lyndhurst Studios
- Pressed By – EDC Blackburn Ltd
- Arranged By [Harp] – Björk (tracks: 3, 5, 7, 12), Zeena Parkins (tracks: 3 to 5, 9, 12)
- Arranged By [Strings] – Vince Mendoza (tracks: 3, 4, 8, 9, 12)
- Bass [Bassline] – Björk (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 9)
- Contractor [Choir Fixed By] – Jenny O'Grady
- Contractor [Orchestra Sessions Fixed By] – Isobel Griffiths
- Coordinator [Olympic Studio Sessions] – Siobhan Paine
- Coordinator [Orchestra Sessions Coordinated By, Choir Sessions Coordinated By] – Stuart Green
- Design [Swan Dress] – Marjan Pejoski
- Engineer [Assistant] – Aaron Franz, Adrian Dawson, Damon Idins*, Eric Schilling, Jason Spears, Ricardo Gary Walker, Rory Romano, Steve Rosenthal
- Engineer [Protools On Mix Assistance] – Aaron Franz, Daniel Porter*, David Treahearn, Matt Fields
- Engineer [Protools On Mix] – Jan "Stan" Kybert
- Engineer [Protools] – Damian Taylor (tracks: 1, 3), Jake Davies (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 7, 12), Jan "Stan" Kybert (tracks: 4), Leigh Jamieson (tracks: 3), Valgeir Sigurdsson* (tracks: 3, 4, 12)
- Engineer [Strings & Choir - Assistant] – Rikky
- Harp – Zeena Parkins (tracks: 3, 4, 7, 9, 12)
- Mixed By – Mark "Spike" Stent*
- Orchestrated By – Vince Mendoza (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12)
- Producer – Björk
- Programmed By – Björk (tracks: 2, 5, 12)
- Recorded By – Jake Davies (tracks: 4, 8), Valgeir Sigurdsson* (tracks: 4, 8, 9, 11)
- Recorded By [Music Box] – Erik Gosh
- Recorded By [Strings & Choir] – Geoff Foster
- Sleeve – Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, M/M (Paris)
- Written-By – Björk
Notes℗ 2001 Björk Overseas Ltd./One Little Indian Ltd.
© 2001 Björk Overseas Ltd./One Little Indian Ltd.
Strings and Choir recorded at Air Lyndhurst Studios.
All songs published by Universal Music, except "Harm Of Will", Harmony Korine, Copyright Control, "Undo", "Cocoon", Thomas Knak, Copyright Control, "Heirloom", Martin Console , published by Flirt 99 Music Publishing, "Harm Of Will", "An Echo A Stain", Guy Sigsworth, published by Universal Music.
8-page booklet where pages 1, 2, 7 and 8 are printed on glossy paper, while pages 3 to 6 are printed on rough paper.
Tray inlay printed on rough paper.
Sticker on back of jewel case.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (From sticker): 5 016958 046026
- Matrix / Runout: E D C TPLP101CD 02
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L136
- Mould SID Code (Etched in matrix area): IFPI 04AR
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0473
- Other (Mould text): MADE IN THE UK
|TPLP101CD||Björk||Vespertine (CD, Album)||One Little Indian||TPLP101CD||UK||2001|
|589000-9||Björk||Vespertine (CD, Album, RE)||Polydor, Universal Music Russia||589000-9||Russia||Unknown|
|589 000-1, UIJP-1001/2||Björk||Vespertine (2xLP, Album)||Polydor, Universal International||589 000-1, UIJP-1001/2||Japan||2001|
|none||Björk||Vespertine (CD, Unofficial)||Not On Label (Björk)||none||Europe||Unknown|
|62653-9||Björk||Vespertine (DVD-A, Album, Multichannel, Sup)||Elektra||62653-9||US||2001|