Title: Pigs + Battleships
Style: Electro, Synth-pop, Latin
Format: MP3 FLAC MOD ADX MP2 FLAC XM MMF MPC
FLAC size: 1399 mb | MP3 size: 1598 mb | WMA size: 1554 mb
Pigs And Battleships (Cass, Album + Box). Pigs + Battleships (LP, Album).
Quando Quango was a British electronic music group, formed by The Haçienda DJ and Factory Records A&R man Mike Pickering, Hillegonda Rietveld and Reinier Rietveld. Their unique sound influenced the underground dance music scenes in New York and Chicago in the 1980s. Their first release was the "Go Exciting" twelve-inch single on Factory Records in 1982, and their last release of new music was the 1985 full-length album Pigs + Battleships (reissued on CD in 2003 and 2013).
Album · 1984 · 13 Songs. More By Quando Quango. See All. Pigs and Battleships: Factory Benelux Version.
Pigs + Battleships is the only studio album released by the British, Manchester-based new wave and dance project Quando Quango. It was produced by American producer Mark Kamins at Strawberry Studios, Stockport with mixing taking place at Shakedown Studio, New York, USA and Genetik Studio, England. The artwork was designed by Alan David-Tu with photography by Kevin Cummins
Pigs & Battleships (Remastered, Bonus Tracks), 2003. Pigs & Battleships (Remastered, Bonus Tracks), 2003.
Pigs and Battleships: Factory Benelux Version - Quando Quango.
In stock now for same day shipping. Pigs & Battleships. Home Funk/Rare Groove . Ltm. Quando Quango. Format: CD Cat: LTMCD 2360 Released: 28 Nov 03 Genre: Funk.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Edited By [Ace Snip Job] – Ivan Ivan
Engineer [Mix] – Paul "Groucho" Smylik*
|Bonus 12" Extended Remix Single|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Factory Records
- Copyright (c) – Factory Records
- Published By – Island Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Strawberry Studios
- Mixed At – Shakedown Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Genetik Studio
- Licensed From – Factory Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Records Australia Limited
- Distributed By – CBS Records Australia Limited
- Bass, Rhythm Guitar – Barry Johnson (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Design [Sleeve] – Alan David-Tu (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Engineer – Tim Oliver (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Engineer [Mix] – Alan Meyerson (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Guitar – Vini Reilly (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Keyboards – Andy Connell (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Keyboards, Vocals – Gonnie Rietveld (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Lacquer Cut By – Smart*, Å
- Photography By [Group] – Kevin Cummins (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Producer – Mark Kamins (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Remix – Mark Kamins (tracks: C, D)
- Saxophone, Vocals – Mike Pickering (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Toasting [Toaster] – Derek Johnson (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Trombone, Trumpet – The A Team (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Vocals – Beverly McDonald (tracks: A1 to B4)
NotesSpecial Edition: Initial releases had LP bundled with 12" (FACT 110/12).
Recorded at Strawberry Studios, Stockport
England, December 1984
Mixed at Shakedown Studio New York, February 1985
Track B1 mixed at Genetik Studio England
Publisher Island Music Ltd.
C & P 1985 Factory Records
Copyright Control Island Music Ltd.
Released by Factory Records Australasia under licence from Factory Records Manchester England
M & D by CBS Records Australia Limited
Track C is the FAC 79 version with an early fade-out.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout LP side A): FACT 110 MX 216851 Å
- Matrix / Runout (Runout LP side B): FACT 110 MX 216852 A Smart Cut....
- Matrix / Runout (Runout 12" side A): FAC 110/12 MX 216853 A SMART CUT Å
- Matrix / Runout (Runout 12" side B): FAC 110/12 MX 216854 A SMART CUT Å
|FACT 110||Quando Quango||Pigs + Battleships (LP, Album)||Factory||FACT 110||UK||1985|
|FACT 110||Quando Quango||Pigs + Battleships (LP, Album)||Factory Benelux, Factory||FACT 110||Belgium||1985|
|33 176 L||Quando Quango||Pigs + Battleships (LP, Album)||Factory, Nuevos Medios||33 176 L||Spain||1985|
|FACT 110||Quando Quango||Pigs & Battleships (LP, Album, TP)||Factory||FACT 110||UK||1985|
|Fact 110c||Quando Quango||Pigs And Battleships (Cass, Album + Box)||Factory||Fact 110c||UK||1985|