Style: Electro, Punk, Experimental
Format: MP3 FLAC TTA APE AU WMA AHX MIDI XM
FLAC size: 1681 mb | MP3 size: 1796 mb | WMA size: 1973 mb
Suicide is the debut album from the American rock band Suicide. It was released in 1977 on Red Star Records and produced by Craig Leon and Marty Thau. The album was recorded in four days at Ultima Sound Studios in New York and featured Martin Rev's minimalist electronics and harsh, repetitive rhythms paired with Alan Vega's rock and roll-inspired vocals and depictions of urban life.
Suicide - Suicide 1977 (Full Album). WMG (от лица компании "BMG Rights Management LLC"); LatinAutor, CMRRA, PEDL, UBEM, Warner Chappell, ASCAP, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, Rumblefish (Publishing)" и другие авторские общества (11).
Suicide is the debut album from the American rock band Suicide. Suicide was released in December 1977. Howard Thompson of Bronze Records in the United Kingdom received a copy of the album from the United States.
Suicide’s iconic self-titled debut. Recorded in only 4 days, the project became one of the most influential albums of all time. The album is characterized by Martin Rev’s often fast-paced, repetitive, and powerful electronics, along with Alan Vega’s harsh vocals and insanity-driven lyrics. These elements highlight Suicide’s obsession with atmosphere using a minimalistic and ‘stripped down’ approach. The album was recorded in four days at Ultima Sound Studios in New York and featured Martin Rev's minimalist electronics and harsh, repetitive. Suicide (1977 album). 1977 studio album by Suicide.
Album · 1977 · 17 Songs. See All. The Second Album + The First Rehearsal Tapes.
Suicide (1998 Remastered Version). This remarkable debut album, released a full seven years after the group had formed, was still way ahead of its time back in 1978. Suicide-Alan Vega on vocals and Martin Rev on keyboards and drum machine-are one of the most original acts in the history of popular music.
|1-10||Keep Your Dreams||4:48|
|Live At CBGB'S 1978|
|2-2||Las Vegas Man||4:23|
|2-4||Keep Your Dreams||3:19|
|23 Minutes Over Brussels||22:56|
- Distributed By – Vital
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Blast First
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Blast First
- Copyright (c) – Mute Records Ltd.
- Published By – Revega/Stanphyl Music Companies
- Recorded At – Ultima Studios
- Recorded At – CBGB
- Recorded At – Ancienne Belgique
- Remastered At – Aligned Audio
- Remastered At – 6/8 Studios
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus – C8382
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus – C8383
- A&R [Red Star Music & Art Director] – Robert Soares
- Arranged By – Suicide
- Artwork, Design [Effects] – Rogério Franco
- Electronics – Martin Rev
- Engineer – Larry Alexander (tracks: 1-1 to 1-10)
- Engineer [Remaster] – Art Blavis (tracks: 1-1 to 1-10), Perkin Barnes (tracks: 2-1 to 2-6)
- Illustration [Cover] – Alan Vega, Timothy Jackson
- Interviewee [Conversation] – Alan Vega, Howard Thompson , Martin Rev, Marty Thau, Robert Soares
- Liner Notes – Roy Trakin
- Liner Notes [Text Transcription & Edit] – Christine B. Soares, Roy Trakin
- Photography By – Michael Robinson , Stephanie Chernikowski
- Producer – Craig Leon (tracks: 1-1 to 1-10), Marty Thau (tracks: 1-1 to 1-10)
- Recorded By – Howard Thompson (tracks: 2-7), Marty Thau (tracks: 2-1 to 2-6)
- Voice – Alan Vega
- Written-By – Vega*, Rev*
NotesComes in white jewel case with front design and one spine silk-screen printed on the case. Back cover is big sticker glued to the case. Features 12-page booklet with interview/conversation which took place in New York City, Feb 14, 1996.
All tracks originally released Red Star 1978.
Recorded at Ultima Studios, Blauvelt, NY, 1977.
Digitally remastered at Aligned Audio, NYC, 1996.
- "Live At CBGB's" (tracks 2-1 to 2-6) recorded at CBGB's New York, USA, May 25, 1978. Live recording on cassette recorder. Originally unreleased. Digitally remastered at 6/8 Studios, NYC, 1996.
- Track 2-3 is actually a Vega/Rev original entitled "Four Horsemen", not the ? & The Mysterians cover as listed on the tray card.
- "23 Minutes Over Brussels" (2-7) recorded at Ancienne Belgique Brussels, Belgium, June 16, 1978. Live recording on cassette recorder. Originally released Bronze Records 1978 (21½ Minutes In Berlin / 23 Minutes In Brussels). No individual track titles are listed, those above are taken from the original release.
Dedicated to Mari.
℗ & © This compilation Blast First / Mute Records Ltd 1998.
Made in Great Britain.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 016027 911330
- Barcode (Scanned): 5016027911330
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): C8382 BFFP 133 DISC 1 :· 1:0 NIMBUS
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): C8383 BFFP 133 DISC 2 · 1:1 NIMBUS
- Mastering SID Code (CD1 & CD2): IFPI L123
- Mould SID Code (CD1 & CD2): ifpi 2307
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Other (Catalog# CD1): BFFP133CDL1
- Other (Catalog# CD2): BFFP133CDL2
|RS 1, RS1||Suicide||Suicide (LP, Album)||Red Star Records, Red Star Records||RS 1, RS1||US||1977|
|Bffp133LP||Suicide||Suicide (2xLP, Album, RE, RM)||Blast First||Bffp133LP||UK||1998|
|FIEND 74||Suicide||Suicide (LP, Album, RE)||Demon Records, Demon Records||FIEND 74||UK||1986|
|Bffp133CD||Suicide||Suicide (CD, Album, RE, RM + CD, Bon)||Blast First||Bffp133CD||UK & Europe||1998|
|Bffp133CD, 0724359874227||Suicide||Suicide (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP + CD)||Blast First, Blast First, Mute||Bffp133CD, 0724359874227||UK||Unknown|