Title: Change Becomes Us
Style: Alternative Rock, Art Rock
Format: MP3 FLAC MIDI AU DXD APE VOC XM RA
FLAC size: 1586 mb | MP3 size: 1294 mb | WMA size: 1574 mb
In March 2013 the band released Change Becomes Us, their 13th studio album, which was very well received. Their fourteenth album, eponymously titled Wire, was released in April 2015. The following year, in April 2016, the band's 15th studio album, entitled Nocturnal Koreans, was released on their label Pinkflag.
Change Becomes Us. 2013. This album has an average beat per minute of 130 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 98/180 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile Change Becomes Us. Album starts at 110BPM, ends at 168BPM (+58), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Wire.
Change Becomes Us (13xFile, FLAC, Album). Change Becomes Us (13xFile, MP3, Album). Change Becomes Us (2xLP, Album, 180). UK, Europe & US. Vendi questa versione. Change Becomes Us (CD, Album).
We’re hugely excited to bring you the new record from the legendary Wire. Change Becomes Us’ is the band’s thirteenth record since they started out with their debut ‘Pink Flag’ in 1977. When we asked frontman Colin Newman to describe the record for us, he said: Existing in a timewarp between 1980 & 2020, ‘Change Becomes Us’ fuses elements of undeveloped historic material with the current band’s forward-looking soundworld. Wire are playing the new album in its entirety at Heaven in London on Sunday March 24th ahead of the record’s release on Monday March 25th
Yet Change Becomes Us, the group’s 13th album, does, in fact, revisit the past. Each song on the album, in some shape or form, takes root in a sketch or idea from 1979-1980, nine of which were recorded live for the raw, somewhat harsh collection, Document and Eyewitness. Yet, on that album, the songs were still in pupal stage, underdeveloped and likely never intended for a proper studio recording. Wire has had a streak of strong albums and EPs for the past decade, but there’s a simplicity and a beauty to this album that hasn’t been so pronounced since the ’80s, and even then, sometimes didn’t feel quite right. A song like Doubles & Trebles sounds like classic Wire - three chords, artfully stoic lyrics from Colin Newman, one-note interludes, subversive hooks - which makes it less surprising that it, originally titled Ally In Exile, actually dates back more than 30 years.
Change Becomes Us is Wire’s first studio album since 2011’s Red Barked Tree.
Wire NINE SEVENS (RSD18). record store day exclusive 2018 - 9 x 7" boxset - £6. 9.
Change Becomes Us is the thirteenth studio album by British post-punk band Wire Contents. The album features songs based on ideas from 1979/1980 that were originally quick sketches for live performances. In particular, "Doubles and Trebles", "Keep Exhaling", "Reinvent Your Second Wheel", "Stealth of a Stork", "Time Lock Fog", "Eels Sang", "Love Bends", "& Much Besides" and "Attractive Space" are reworked versions of "Ally in Exile", "Relationship", "ZEGK HOQP", "Witness to the Fact", "5/10", "Eels.
Pere Ubu. Lady From Shanghai. Object 47. Chelsea Light Moving.
|1||Doubles & Trebles||3:51|
|3||Adore Your Island||2:46|
|4||Re-Invent Your Second Wheel||3:46|
|5||Stealth Of A Stork||1:54|
|7||Time Lock Fog||5:46|
|11||As We Go||4:36|
|12||& Much Besides||6:13|
- Published By – Pinkflag
- Published By – Mute Song
- Recorded At – Rockfield Studios
- Recorded At – Swim Studio
- Mixed At – Swim Studio
- Mastered At – Skye Mastering
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Pinkflag
- Copyright (c) – Pinkflag
- Distributed By – Redeye – USA
- Acoustic Guitar – Colin Newman (tracks: 1, 6), Matthew Simms (tracks: 12)
- Art Direction, Photography By – Jon Wozencroft
- Baritone Guitar [Baritone Electric Guitar] – Colin Newman (tracks: 1, 4, 7), Graham Lewis (tracks: 8)
- Bass Guitar – Colin Newman (tracks: 9), Graham Lewis
- Drums – Robert Grey
- Electric Guitar – Colin Newman (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 13), Matthew Simms
- Engineer [Rockfield Studios] – Sean Douglas
- Guitar [12 String Guitar] – Matthew Simms (tracks: 12)
- Handclaps – Colin Newman (tracks: 5), Graham Lewis (tracks: 5), Matthew Simms (tracks: 5), Robert Grey (tracks: 5)
- Lyrics By – Colin Newman (tracks: 12), Graham Lewis (tracks: 1 to 11, 13)
- Mandolin – Colin Newman (tracks: 7)
- Mastered By – Denis Blackham
- Mellotron – Colin Newman (tracks: 1 to 11), Matthew Simms (tracks: 11, 13)
- Mixed By – Colin Newman
- Music By – Wire
- Organ – Colin Newman (tracks: 2, 3, 8, 10, 12)
- Percussion [Bottle, Radiator] – Robert Grey (tracks: 7)
- Percussion [Floor Percussion] – Robert Grey (tracks: 7, 12)
- Piano – Colin Newman (tracks: 4, 9), Graham Lewis (tracks: 12)
- Producer – Colin Newman
- Programmed By [Guitar FX] – Colin Newman (tracks: 9), Matthew Simms (tracks: 7, 9, 10, 13)
- Synthesizer [Monotron] – Graham Lewis (tracks: 12)
- Vocals – Colin Newman (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 8, 10 to 13), Graham Lewis (tracks: 4, 9)
- Voice [Ahhs] – Colin Newman (tracks: 1, 6)
- Written-By [Song] – Colin Newman, Graham Lewis (tracks: 4, 9)
Notes(P)&(C) 2013 PINKFLAG
This version does not have Made In England printed on back cover. See images.
Released in Digipak
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Mastering SID Code (Mastering SID Code): IFPI JI21
- Matrix / Runout: 23332583
- Barcode: 5055300369048
|PF20 LP||Wire||Change Becomes Us (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, 180)||Pinkflag||PF20 LP||Europe||2013|
|PF20||Wire||Change Becomes Us (CD, Album)||Pinkflag||PF20||UK, Europe & US||2013|
|PF20||Wire||Change Becomes Us (13xFile, FLAC, Album)||Pinkflag||PF20||2013|
|PCD 93683||Wire||Change Becomes Us (CD, Album)||Pinkflag||PCD 93683||Japan||2013|
|PF 20 SE||Wire||Change Becomes Us (CD, Album, Ltd, Har)||Pinkflag||PF 20 SE||UK & Europe||2013|