Style: Modern Classical, Experimental
Format: MP3 FLAC TTA APE MPC MOD AU AC3 MP1
FLAC size: 1326 mb | MP3 size: 1752 mb | WMA size: 1539 mb
Medúlla is the fifth studio album by Icelandic recording artist Björk. It was released on 30 August 2004 in the United Kingdom by One Little Indian Records and in the United States by Elektra Entertainment. After her electronic–influenced previous album Vespertine (2001), Björk intended to make an album almost entirely a cappella constructed with human vocals
Björk à propos de l’album. J’ai commencé à enregistrer ce disque avec des instruments, et quand j’avais presque fini, j’ai fait mute , et je me suis rendu compte que quelque chose se passait enfin. En regardant les pistes silencieuses, j’ai vu que c’était les instruments. Alors j’ai passé les 3 ou 4 mois à ajouter d’autres chanteurs rencontrés spontanément, et voilà l’album vocal. Les instruments m’ennuient, je pense en avoir assez. (Eclectik sur france inter - 31/08/2004). Medúlla is primitive, like before civilisation. It’s the soft squidgy thing in the centre. After Vespertine I was going to do an album with intuition only, no brain please.
Medúlla, meaning "marrow" in Latin, is an album by Icelandic sician Björk, which was released on 30 August 2004 (see 2004 in music).
This album has an average beat per minute of 108 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 80/185 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page.
Medulla (her fifth album, and first since 2001's imperfect, introspective Vespertine ) presents no set of ideas more compelling than those concerning its creator, her whims and impressions. That it's her a cappella record is just an interesting bonus, as it's no more or less "her" than any of her records. Medulla is an interesting record. It continues Björk's run of releases that sound nothing like their predecessors, yet is, as ever, particular to her. Furthermore, she's found a way to bathe her immediately distinctive melodies and vocal nuances in a solutions that cause me to reevaluate her voice and her craft.
sculpting an album out of almost nothing but singing and vocal samples. The album's title and concept refer to the purest essence of something, and Medúlla explores both the ritual power of the human voice and some of the most essential themes of Björk's music in a way that's both primal and elaborate.
Tracklist: 1. Pleasure Is All Mine, 2. Show Me Forgiveness, 3. Where Is The Line, 4. Vökuró, 5. Öll Birtan, 6. Who Is It (Carry My Joy On The Left Carry My Pain On The Right), 7. Submarine, 8. Desired Constellation, 9. Oceania, 10. Sonnets, Unrealities XI, 11. Ancestors, 12. Mouth’s Cradle, 13. Miðvikudags, 14. Triumph Of A Heart.
I think the conversation between tradition, history, and voice is fascinating. Or consider a donation? #18.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Pleasure Is All Mine
Gong – Peter Van HookeHuman Beatbox – RahzelPerformer – Björk, Mike Patton, Tagaq*, The Icelandic ChoirPerformer [Bass Line] – BjörkProgrammed By – Björk, Mark Bell, Valgeir Sigurdsson*
|2||Show Me Forgiveness
Performer – Björk
|3||Where Is The Line
Human Beatbox – RahzelPerformer – Björk, Gregory Purnhagen, Mike Patton, The Icelandic ChoirProgrammed By – Björk, Little Miss Specta, Mark Bell, Valgeir Sigurdsson*
Music By – J'orunn Vidar*Performer – Björk, The Icelandic ChoirWritten-By – Jakobína Sigurdardottir
Performer, Programmed By – Björk
|6||Who Is It (Carry My Joy On The Left, Carry My Pain On The Right)
Human Beatbox – RahzelPerformer – Björk, Tagaq*Programmed By – Björk, Mark Bell, Matmos, Valgeir Sigurdsson*Synthesizer [Bass Synth] – Björk
Performer – Björk, Robert WyattProgrammed By – Valgeir Sigurdsson*
Performer – Björk, The Icelandic ChoirProgrammed By – Olivier AlaryWritten-By – Björk, Olivier Alary
Human Beatbox – ShlomoPerformer – Björk, The London ChoirPiano – Nico MuhlyProgrammed By – Björk, Mark Bell, Valgeir Sigurdsson*Vocals [Vocal Samples] – Robert WyattWritten-By – Björk, Sjón
|10||Sonnets / Unrealities XI
Lyrics By – E.E. Cummings*Music By – BjörkPerformer – Björk, The Icelandic Choir
Performer – Björk, Tagaq*Piano, Programmed By – BjörkWritten-By – Björk, Tagaq*
Human Beatbox – RahzelPerformer – Björk, Tagaq*, The Icelandic ChoirProgrammed By – Björk, Mark Bell, Valgeir Sigurdsson*Synthesizer [Bass Synth] – Mark Bell
Performer – BjörkProgrammed By – Björk, Jake Davies
|14||Triumph Of A Heart
Human Beatbox – Dokaka, RahzelPerformer – BjörkProgrammed By – Björk, Mark Bell, Valgeir Sigurdsson*Voice [Human Trombone] – Gregory Purnhagen
- Marketed By – Universal Music Sdn. Bhd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Wellhart Ltd
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – One Little Indian Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Wellhart Ltd
- Copyright (c) – One Little Indian Ltd.
- Arranged By [Choir] – Björk
- Art Direction, Design – M/M (Paris)
- Co-producer – Mark Bell (tracks: 3, 7, 9)
- Conductor [Olympic Studios Choir Session] – Nick Ingham*
- Contractor [Icelandic Choir Assembled By] – Magga Stina*
- Contractor [Olympic Studios Choir Session Fixed By] – Jenny O'Grady
- Copyist [Iceland Sessions] – Karl Olgeirsson*
- Copyist [London Session] – Nick*
- Engineer [@ Ilha Dos Sapos Studios] – Flavio De Souza
- Engineer [@ Looking Glass] – Ichiho Nishiki
- Engineer [Assistant @ Greenhouse Studios] – Sturla Thorisson*
- Engineer [Assistant @ Looking Glass] – Christian Rutledge
- Engineer [Assistant @ The Magic Shop] – Juan Garcia
- Engineer [Assistants @ Olympic Studios] – David Treahearn, Rob Haggett
- Engineer [Recording] – Valgeir Sigurdsson*
- Other [Hair Sculpting Assistant] – Brent Borreson
- Other [Hair Sculptured By] – Hrafnhildur Arnardóttir Aka Shoplifter
- Other [Icelandic Hair Flowers By] – Ásta At Hárverk
- Other [Skin Colours By] – Andrea Helgadottir
- Photography By – Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
- Producer, Arranged By – Björk
- Recorded By [Additional] – Björk, Jake Davies, Neil Dorfsman
- Written-By – Björk (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 12 to 14)
NotesComes in standard jewel case with pressed Universal Music logo.
The hologram sticker on front cover reads: "8068378F TULEN KPDN & HEP ORIGINAL"
℗ © 2004 Wellhart Ltd./One Little Indian Ltd.
Edaran Oleh Universal Music Sdn. Bhd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 02498 67590 8
- Label Code: LC00309
- Rights Society: BIEM SABAM
|TPLP358||Björk||Medúlla (2x12", Album, Ltd)||One Little Indian||TPLP358||UK||2004|
|9867590, DG8894||Björk||Medúlla (CD, Album)||Polydor, Universal Music Korea||9867590, DG8894||South Korea||2004|
|none||Björk||Medulla (15xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||One Little Indian||none||2004|
|CD2004-053||Björk||Medúlla (CDr, Album, Enh, Unofficial)||ТанцPoll||CD2004-053||Russia||2004|
|9867590||Björk||Medúlla (CD, Album)||Polydor||9867590||Ukraine||2004|