Title: It's Heavy In Here
Style: Lounge, Alternative Rock
Format: MP3 FLAC VOC ASF APE MOD MP3 AAC VQF
FLAC size: 1516 mb | MP3 size: 1588 mb | WMA size: 1928 mb
In 1997, the follow-up album The Lateness of the Hour was. released on Sub Pop. It did not sell as well as It's Heavy In Here, but included orchestral instruments within its rock stylings.
Also released on 100 copies on clear vinyl & 100 copies on silver vinyl as part of Record Store Day Black Friday 2015. A further 100 copies are to be released on blue & white splatter & 100 copies on white as a non Record Store Day release in January 2016 to complete the repressing run of 500 copies. Printed sleeve with release notes. Includes digital download coupon with 5 additional tracks.
I am hoping I have touched on some universal experiences on this album, in the lyrics where a sense of self awareness is running up against the reality of the technological technocracy collision course. Am I living this time in the most spiritually elevated way that I can? Should I implode, unplug, and run into a cave? It's where I'm from just like all ye stooges. If you like Eric Matthews, you may also like: It's Heavy In Here (20th Anniversary Reissue) by Eric Matthews. supported by 26 fans who also own Too Much World.
It's Heavy in Here is the debut solo studio album by American singer-songwriter Eric Matthews. It was released by Sub Pop Records on September 26, 1995. A track from the album, "Fanfare", was released as a single in the UK only, but failed to chart.
Eric Matthews was a homicide detective working for the Metropolitan Police Department . Despite his heavy injuries, Eric took the flashlight with him and managed to reach the door, which was still unlocked. He desperately yelled for his son while tumbling through the tunnel network outside the bathroom. Eventually he found a loose metal rod which he used as a crutch. This is a guy who doesn't really care anymore and he's kinda mailing it in. It's no mistake that he's brought into this case. It's by design and I think Jigsaw probably knew that this guy wouldn't want to get involved in the case and that's why he singled him out. When his name is on the ceiling, he's basically saying, "You are going to be my next subject. If my character was a little less selfish and a little less self-absorbed, he might have been smart enough to realize that he was being pulled into something.
The work of Eric Matthews was a direct reaction to the lo-fi recording practices so prevalent throughout the alternative music scene of the 1990s; while many of the decade's artists trafficked in a defiantly ragged, do-it-yourself aesthetic, Matthews' records grew out of orchestral theories and practices, and revelled in the stately elegance of warm harmonies and lush arrangements. In 1995, he issued his debut, It's Heavy in Here, an ornate, complex collection highlighting his emerging vocal and composing skills. The excellent Lateness of the Hour followed in 1997. It was his final album for some time, however. He finally returned in 2005 with a mini-LP titled Six Kinds of Passion Looking for an Exit and a full-length, Foundation Sounds, late the following year. The Imagination Stage followed in early 2008.
Watch the video for Soul Nation Select Them from Eric Matthews's It's Heavy in Here for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists.
Lonely Sea. Artist: Eric Matthews. Album: Caroline Now! - The Songs of Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys, 2005. from the album "Caroline Now!", a tribute to The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson, Marina Records (2000). Produced and performed by Eric Matthews. Video created by Paul Ellis.
|A2||Forging Plastic Pain|
|A3||Soul Nation Select Them|
|A4||Faith To Clay|
|A5||Angels For Crime|
|A6||Fried Out Broken Girl|
|A7||Lust Takes Time|
|B1||Hop And Tickle|
|B3||Distant Mother Reality|
|B4||Flight And Lion|
|B5||Poison Will Pass Me|
- Recorded At – Musicraft
- Recorded At – Sound Impressions
- Mixed At – White Horse Studios
- Remastered At – EnergyGlass
- Mastered At – Mirolab
- Manufactured By – Pirates Press
- Pressed By – GZ Media – 135493E
- Licensed To – Lo-Fidelity Records
- Licensed From – Sub Pop Records
- Copyright (c) – Sub Pop Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sub Pop Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – 451 Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – 451 Music
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Acoustic Guitar – Eric* (tracks: A3, A5, B1, B4, B6, B7), Jason Falkner (tracks: B3), Wes Matthews (tracks: A4)
- Art Direction [Reissue] – Marc Ludena
- Bass – Eric* (tracks: A2, A5, A7), Jason Falkner (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B3, B4, B6)
- Cello – Lori Presthus (tracks: A3, B2, B5)
- Clarinet – Phil Baldino (tracks: A5)
- Design – Jeff Kleinsmith
- Double Bass [String Bass] – Curtis Daily (tracks: B2, B5)
- Drums – Jason Falkner (tracks: A3, A7), Steve Hanford (tracks: A1, A5, B1, B4, B6), Tony Lash (tracks: A2)
- Electric Guitar – Eric* (tracks: A1, A2, A7, B3), Jason Falkner
- Engineer – Dan Decker, Drew Oanulette, Jason Falkner, Nick Kellogg*, Robert Bartleson, Steve Hanford, Tony Lash
- Flute – Wendy Karden (tracks: A3)
- Harpsichord – Eric* (tracks: A4, B2)
- Liner Notes – William Loren
- Mastered By – Miro Svetinsky
- Mixed By – Tony Lash
- Oboe – Karen Strand (tracks: A3)
- Organ – Eric* (tracks: B2, B5)
- Organ [Hammond B-3] – Eric* (tracks: B6)
- Percussion – Eric* (tracks: B6)
- Photography By – Charles Peterson
- Piano – Eric* (tracks: A3, A6), Jason Falkner (tracks: B4)
- Producer, Written-By, Orchestrated By, Conductor – Eric Matthews
- Recorder [Tenor] – Eric* (tracks: B3)
- Remastered By – Kevin Fromer
- Tambourine – Tony Lash (tracks: B6), Tony Lash (tracks: B6)
- Tenor Saxophone – Dennis Conti (tracks: B2)
- Trumpet – Eric* (tracks: A1, A6, B2)
- Viola – Kim Burton (tracks: B2, B5)
- Violin – Karen Bryan (tracks: A3), Karen Bryan (tracks: A3, B2, B5), Robin Baldino (tracks: A3, B2, B5)
- Vocals – Eric*
NotesRecord Store Day Black Friday 2015 limited / regional run. Limited edition 20th anniversary edition of 100 copies on blue inside white vinyl. Also released on 100 copies on clear vinyl & 100 copies on silver vinyl as part of Record Store Day Black Friday 2015. A further 100 copies are to be released on blue & white splatter & 100 copies on white as a non Record Store Day release in January 2016 to complete the repressing run of 500 copies.
Printed sleeve with release notes.
Includes digital download coupon with 5 additional tracks.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 14867 02024 5
- Barcode (Scanned): 0814867020245
- Matrix / Runout (Side A [Stamped]): PIRATES PRESS - LOFILP004 A 135493E1/A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B [Stamped]): PIRATES PRESS - LOFILP004 B 135493E2/A
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|SP 312b||Eric Matthews||It's Heavy In Here (CD, Album)||Sub Pop||SP 312b||US||1995|
|WPCR-935||Eric Matthews||It's Heavy In Here (CD, Album, Promo)||Sub Pop||WPCR-935||Japan||1996|
|WPCR-935||Eric Matthews||It's Heavy In Here (CD, Album)||Sub Pop||WPCR-935||Japan||1996|
|LOFILP004||Eric Matthews||It's Heavy In Here (LP, Ltd, RE, RM, Sil)||Sub Pop, Lo-Fidelity||LOFILP004||US||2015|
|LPFILP004, LOFILP004||Eric Matthews||It's Heavy In Here (LP, Ltd, RE, RM, Whi)||Sub Pop, Lo-Fidelity||LPFILP004, LOFILP004||US||2016|