Title: Straight To My Heart The Music Of Sting
Style: Contemporary Jazz
Format: MP3 FLAC APE RA XM WMA MP3 DTS TTA
FLAC size: 1829 mb | MP3 size: 1328 mb | WMA size: 1964 mb
Published By – Blue Turtle Music. Acoustic Bass – Jay Anderson (tracks: 3 to 6, 8 to 10). Arranged By – Benny Green (tracks: 5), Bob Belden, Jimi Tunnell (tracks: 11), Mark Ledford (tracks: 7), Matt Pierson (tracks: 5), Phil Perry (2) (tracks: 5). Baritone Saxophone – Glenn Wilson (3), Tim Ries (tracks: 5). Bass Trombone – George Moran. Coordinator – Cynthia Cochrane. Drums – Dennis Chambers (tracks: 1, 2, 7, 11), Jeff Hirshfield (tracks: 3 to 6, 8 to 10). Drums – Ladji Camara (tracks: 1, 2, 7).
Tracklist: 1. Introduction, 2. Wrapped Around Your Finger, 3. Roxanne, 4. Straight To My Heart, 5. Sister Moon, 6. Dream Of The Blue Turtles, 7. Every Breath You Take, 8. They Dance Alone, 9. Shadows In The Rain, 10. Children’s Crusade, 11. I Burn For Yo. 2. Wrapped Around Your Finger. 4. Straight To My Heart. 6. Dream Of The Blue Turtles. 7. Every Breath You Take. 9. Shadows In The Rain. 10. Children’s Crusade.
The Bob Belden Ensemble - The Music Of Sting (1991) - 1991, FLAC (image+. Download via torrent Download via magnet. The Bob Belden Ensemble. The Bob Belden Ensemble - The Music Of Sting.
Straight To My Heart. The Bob Belden Ensemble/The Bob Belden Ensemble - The Music Of Sting.
Blue Note CDP 7 95137 2 The Bob Belden Ensemble Performs The Music Of Sting - Straight To My Heart. Don Pullen & The African-Brazilian Connection. Carlos Ward, alto sax; Don Pullen, piano; Nilson Matta, bass; Mor Thiam, djembe, tabula, rainsticks, wind chimes, vocals Guilherme Franco, timba, berimbau, percussion; Keith Pullen, Tameka Pullen, vocals EastSide Sound, NYC, September 25 & 26, 1991. Blue Note CDP 7 98166 2. Listen To The People (Bonnie's Bossa Nova).
as The Bob Belden Ensemble. Wrapped Around Your Finger (featuring Dianne Reeves). Sister Moon (featuring Phil Perry). I Burn For You. On The Cover Art Of Blue Note (2003). Purple Rain (featuring Holly Cole). When Doves Cry (featuring Cassandra Wilson). I've Just Seen A Face. Strawberry Fields Forever.
Label: Blue Note – TOCJ-5629 Type: CD, Album Country: UK Date of released: 19 Feb 1992 Category: Jazz Style: Contemporary Jazz. Producer – Matt Pierson. Rights Society: JASRAC. Download The Bob Belden Ensemble - Straight To My Heart The Music Of Sting. Related flac albums: The New Orleans Saxophone Ensemble, The Improvisational Arts Quintet - New. David Liebman - Joy - The Music Of John Coltrane. The Bob Belden Ensemble - Straight To My Heart: The Bob Belden Ensemble Per. Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Naked.
One of the most adventurous arrangers of the 1990s and 2000s, Bob Belden took the music of Puccini, Prince, and (with the most success) Sting, and turned it into jazz. After graduating from the University of North Texas in 1978, he was with Woody Herman's Orchestra for 18 months, worked with Donald Byrd off and on during 1981-1985, played with the Mel Lewis Orchestra, and produced a couple of Red Rodney records. In 1983, Belden settled in New York as a writer for studio sessions. He played in a duet with trumpeter Tim Hagans, issuing a live album on Blue Note in 2000 entitled Re-Animation Live! The 2001 release Black Dahlia showcased a 12-part orchestra paying tribute to the late Elizabeth Short, a celebrated Hollywood actress who was killed in 1947. Bob Belden Ensamble - Wrapped Around Your Finger. The Bob Belden Ensemble - Every Breath You Take.
James Robert "Bob" Belden (October 31, 1956 – May 20, 2015) was an American saxophonist, arranger, composer, bandleader, and producer. As a composer he may be best known for his Grammy Award winning orchestral jazz recording, Black Dahlia (2001). As producer he is mostly associated with the remastering of seminal recordings by trumpeter Miles Davis for Columbia Records. 1991: Straight to My Heart: The Music of Sting (Blue Note), The Bob Belden Ensemble. 1994: When the Doves Cry: The Music of Prince (Metro Blue). 1996: Shades of Blue (Blue Note), compilation of his productions for the label. 1996: Bob Belden Presents Strawberry Fields (Blue Note), re-arrangements of The Beatles songs. 1997: Tapestry - The Blue Note Cover Series (Blue Note). 2001: Black Dahlia (Blue Note), inspired by the Black Dahlia crime case.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Wrapped Around Your Finger
Electric Guitar – John ScofieldPiano [Acoustic] – Billy ChildsVocals – Dianne Reeves
Soloist [Trumpet] – Tim Hagans
|4||Straight To My Heart
Acoustic Guitar – Fareed HaqueCongas – David Earle JohnsonCongas, Timbales – Jerry GonzalezTenor Saxophone – Rick Margitza
Alto Saxophone – Bobby Watson Piano – Benny GreenVocals – Phil Perry
|6||Dream Of The Blue Turtles
Drums – Jeff HirshfieldGuitar – John HartPiano – Joey CalderazzoTrumpet – Tim Hagans
|7||Every Breath You Take
Tenor Saxophone – Kirk WhalumVocals – Mark Ledford
|8||They Dance Alone
Bass – Jay AndersonFlute [Bass] – Ron KozakSoloist [Tenor Saxophone] – Rick Margitza
|9||Shadows In The Rain
Electric Guitar – John HartSoprano Saxophone – Tim Ries
Flugelhorn – Jim PowellGuitar – John ScofieldPiano – Marc CoplandTenor Saxophone – Bob Belden
|11||I Burn For You
Drums – Dennis ChambersPiano – Kevin HaysVocals, Guitar – Jimi Tunnell
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Recorded At – Giant Recording Studios
- Recorded At – D.K. Sound
- Recorded At – Splash Studios
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Pressed By – Capitol Jax
- Manufactured By – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Published By – Magnetic Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Regatta Music
- Published By – Blue Turtle Music
- Acoustic Bass – Jay Anderson (tracks: 3 to 6, 8 to 10)
- Arranged By – Benny Green (tracks: 5), Bob Belden, Jimi Tunnell (tracks: 11), Mark Ledford (tracks: 7), Matt Pierson (tracks: 5), Phil Perry (tracks: 5)
- Baritone Saxophone – Glenn Wilson , Tim Ries (tracks: 5)
- Bass Trombone – George Moran
- Coordinator [Production] – Cynthia Cochrane
- Design – Janet Perr
- Drums – Dennis Chambers (tracks: 1, 2, 7, 11), Jeff Hirshfield (tracks: 3 to 6, 8 to 10)
- Drums [Hand] – Ladji Camara (tracks: 1, 2, 7)
- Electric Bass – Darryl Jones (tracks: 1, 2, 7, 11)
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Kevin Hays (tracks: 9)
- Engineer – Bob Brockmann , Charlie Paakkari, Danny DiPaola, Jim Anderson, Matthew "Boomer" Lamonica, Roy Hendrickson, Steve Boyer
- Engineer [Assistant] – Aaron Krops*, Ben Fowler, Dave Kingsley, Rich Wilkins, Todd Whitelock, Victor Deyglio
- Flute, Alto Flute, Clarinet – Chuck Wilson
- Flute, Flute [Wood], English Horn, Bass Clarinet, Bass Flute – Ron Kozak
- French Horn – Peter Reit
- Guitar – John Hart
- Liner Notes – Bob Belden, Vic Garbarini
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – James Farber (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11), Rob Eaton (tracks: 4, 7, 9)
- Organ [Hammond B3] – Pat Rebillot (tracks: 7)
- Percussion – David Earle Johnson (tracks: 4, 9, 10), Jerry Gonzalez (tracks: 4, 9, 10)
- Photography By [Band] – James Hastings
- Photography By [Cover] – Michelle Clement*
- Piano – Joey Calderazzo (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 8), Kevin Hays (tracks: 11), Marc Copland (tracks: 9, 10)
- Piccolo Flute, Flute, Alto Saxophone, Bass Flute – Mike Migliore
- Producer – Matt Pierson
- Soprano Saxophone, Bass Flute – Tim Ries
- Synthesizer – Adam Holzman (tracks: 7), Bob Belden (tracks: 1, 2), Doug Hall (tracks: 3, 8, 9)
- Talking Drum – Abraham Adzeneya* (tracks: 1, 2, 7)
- Tenor Saxophone – Rick Margitza (tracks: 3, 6), Tim Ries (tracks: 10)
- Trombone – John Fedchock
- Trumpet – Tim Hagans
- Trumpet [Lead] – Tony Kadleck
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Jim Powell
- Tuba – Bob Stewart (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 11), Marcus Rojas (tracks: 3, 4, 6 to 10)
- Written-By – Sting
Notes1991 Capitol records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: PRS
|CDP 7 95137 2||The Bob Belden Ensemble||Straight To My Heart: The Bob Belden Ensemble Performs The Music Of Sting (CD, Album)||Blue Note||CDP 7 95137 2||US||1991|
|CDP 7 95137 2||Bob Belden||Straight To My Heart: The Bob Belden Ensemble Performs The Music Of Sting (CD, Album)||Blue Note||CDP 7 95137 2||UK & Europe||1991|
|B4-95137||The Bob Belden Ensemble||Straight To My Heart: The Bob Belden Ensemble Performs The Music Of Sting (Cass, Album, XDR)||Blue Note||B4-95137||US||1991|
|TOCJ-5629||The Bob Belden Ensemble||Straight To My Heart The Music Of Sting (CD, Album)||Blue Note||TOCJ-5629||Japan||1992|
|514530Y||The Bob Belden Ensemble||Straight To My Heart: The Bob Belden Ensemble Performs The Music Of Sting (CD, Album, Club)||Jazz Heritage||514530Y||US||1997|